Medicare Division Health Insurance
PIPA coverage for Medicare-covered physicians, family, and staff is available. However, because of the Affordable Care Act certain eligibility requirements must be met.
In order to qualify, all of the following criteria must be met
1. The physician must be a full dues paying member of the Medical Association to participate, which includes paying regular annual medical association dues as well as your local county membership dues.
2. The physician’s former employer/practice must currently be participating in the Medical Associations insurance plan.
3. Spouses and dependents can only have coverage if the physician member is participating in the Medical Associations insurance plan.
4. Finally, as in the past, as a retiree you must have Medicare as your primary coverage and the Medical Associations plan will serve as your secondary insurance policy.
* Physicians who are retired and otherwise Dues Exempt, are only required to pay State Dues.